Don't forget, Free Tax Preparation by People Incorporated begins today at the Bristol Public Library!
People Incorporated will be offering free tax preparation services at the Bristol Public Library starting on Saturday, February 2, 2019. VITA Volunteers will be available on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and Tuesdays from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. until Saturday, April 13. All services are first come, first served and interested filers are asked to bring these items in order to file:
- Photo ID. For married filing jointly, both spouses must be present and must have a photo ID.
- Voided check for direct deposit.
- Social Security Cards or Taxpaper Identification Numbers (ITIN)
- All income statements, such as W-2, W2-P, W-2G, 1099, etc. for you and all dependents.
- Expense documents: dependent care, college tuition, student loan statements, home mortgage interest statements, property tax statements, alimony paid or received, etc.
- Total paid to daycare provider and provider's tax ID number.
- Proof of health insurance: insurance card, Medicare/Medicaid card, 1095-A, 1095-B or 1095-C if you had other kinds of insurance or coverage.
- Copy of last year's tax return
Taxes are due on Monday, April 15, 2019.
For more information on free tax preparation services, please call People Inc. at 276-619-2235 or visit their website at http://www.peopleinc.net/program-community-services-vita.html.