- Photo ID. For married filing jointly, both spouses must be present and must have photo ID.
- Voided check for direct deposit.
- Social Security Cards or Taxpaper Identification Numbers (ITIN)
- All income statements, such as W-2, W2-P, W-2G, 1099, etc. for you and all dependents.
- Expense documents: dependent care, college tuition, student loan statements, home mortgage interest statements, property tax statements, alimony paid or received, etc.
- Total paid to daycare provider and provider's tax ID number.
- Proof of health insurance: insurance card, Medicare/Medicaid card, 1095-A, 1095-B or 1095-C if you had other kinds of insurance or coverage.
- Copy of last year's tax return
Taxes are due on Monday, April 15, 2019.
For more information on free tax preparation services, please call People Inc. at 276-619-2235 or visit their website at http://www.peopleinc.net/program-community-services-vita.html.