Don't forget to bring the following items to begin your tax prep paperwork:
- Photo ID. For married filing jointly, both spouses must be present with photo ID.
- Voided check for direct deposit.
- Social security cards or Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN).
- All income statements, such as W-2, W2-P, W-2G, 1099, etc. for you and all dependents.
- Expense documents: dependent care, college tuition, student loan statements, home mortgage interest, property tax statements, alimony paid or received, etc.
- Total paid to daycare provider and provider's tax ID number.
- Proof of health insurance: insurance card, Medicare or Medicaid Card, 1095-A, 1095-D, or 1095-C.
- Copy of last years tax returns.
To learn more free tax preparation services, please contact the Bristol Public Library at 276-645-8780 or call People Incorporated at 276-619-2235.